Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I get my spouse out of the house?

In Texas, you must go to court and have a judge order that person to move.  Texas does not recognize legal separation like many other states.  Therefore, you must file for divorce and file a document asking for a temporary order hearing.  At the hearing, the person filing (hopefully the Petitioner's attorney) will ask the Judge to order the person to move.  The judge will probably give the person a date to be out.  Then the Judge normally also gives a date and time that the spouse is allowed to remove their belongings from the residence.

No comments: