Monday, April 27, 2009

Can my spouse take my kids and leave Texas?

If you have all lived in Texas for at least 6 months and in the same county for at least 90 days, then you are a resident of that county. If your spouse or significant other, decides to take the kids and leave the state, you need to IMMEDIATELY go hire an attorney and get papers served on the other parent to get them into a Texas court. If you wait 6 months or more then the county you live in loses jurisdiction over the kids. If you have any questions, I charge $100 an hour to sit down and talk to you. It might be will worth your peace of mind.

For unmarried fathers

If you are not seeing your child(ren), please consider hiring a private attorney to assist you. The TX A G will set up child support, but they usually won't make the mother cooperate regarding visits. It is well worth your money to hire an attorney to REPRESENT YOUR BEST INTERESTS. If you are not married to the mom, then if she won't cooperate, you definately need a judge to ORDER her to cooperate. Why not set up child support and visits at the same time? It's quicker than going to the TX A G office.

Free child support - TX A G office

If you are not receiving child support, then go to the TX A G office in your neighborhood. They are slow due to the overwhelming requests for assistance. However, they are FREE

Friday, April 24, 2009

Pre-divorce consultation

For $100 per hour, I will sit down with you to discuss what you need to do if you are considering separation/divorce. I think it is money well spent. I will give you the current law in the State of Texas. Knowledge is power!

Emancipation in Texas

I get this question from many 17 yr. olds so I thought I'd post my comments again. The TEXAS FAMILY CODE Chapter 31 (available on-line) covers REMOVAL OF DISABILITIES OF MINORITY. Chp. 31.001 cover the requirements - a resident of TX, 16 or 17 yrs. old, self-supporting and managing their own financial affairs. (BF supporting does not qualify!) Chapter 31.002 is regarding the legal document that must be filed - called A PETITION. Must state the name, age and place of residence of the child and the name and place of residence of both parents; reasons why removal would be in the best interests of the child; and the purposes for which removal is requested. Usually a parent has to verify the pleading. Chapter 31.003 is concerning the county to file the document. You file where the child lives. Chapter 31.004 - The Judge SHALL appoint an amicus attonrey or attonrey ad litem to represent the child's interests at the hearing. The only children that usually get emancipated are musicians and athletes. It is done in order that they can sign legally binding endorsements and contracts. The costs prevent most teen-agers from seeking emancipation. Filing fee is approx. $250, attorney to draft the papers would be at least $500, attorney to represent child (appointed by the Judge) can run easily over $500 - anticipate the cost being at least $1,000. Many judges are of the opinion that a 17 yr. old can wait less than 12 months to become an adult.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Check out my attorney endorsements on

I asked a couple of attorneys to write a comment about me on

Check out my client comments on

I asked some former clients to write a few comments about me. Wow! Their comments touched my heart.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Need a probate attorney or a will drafted

I highly recommend W. Kevin Alter at 2020 S W Freeway #225, Houston, TX 77098. His phone number is 713-526-2333

If you need a criminal attorney

Damaris G. Quijano 713-943-7400

If you need an immigration attorney

Damaris G. Quijano 8485 Gulf Freeway #C Houston, TX 77017 713-943-7400

On-line Parening Class

Great Pawn Shop

For an unique pawn shop try THE WRIGHT PAWN & JEWELRY CO. located at 6218 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77057. One afternoon my mom and I spent at least 3 hours in there. So much little time!

Need a great electrician!

I highly recommend GILBERT MOODY. He has been in business over 37 years. No job is too small for him! 713-494-2416

Interior Design & Fung Shui Consultation

I highly recommend Susan Daniels for your interior decorating needs and to have your home and office fung shui'd. Her phone number is 281-367-3581.

Great VET!

I highly recommend Bellaire Richmond Pet Hospital located at 5808 Bissonnet, Houston, TX 77081. Their phone number is 713-668-6882. Their groomer is the best too!

A. Charles Weiner, CPA

If you need a great CPA call "Chuck Weiner" at 713-782-5707. I highly recommend Chuck Weiner!!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Adult B'nai Mitzvah

On Saturday, May 2, 2009, 4 congregants who have been studying for the past 18 months will participate in the FIRST ADULT B'nai Mitzvah at Houston Congregation for Reform Judaism. If you are interested in attending, just send me an email and I'll be glad to give you additional information.