Monday, April 27, 2009

Can my spouse take my kids and leave Texas?

If you have all lived in Texas for at least 6 months and in the same county for at least 90 days, then you are a resident of that county. If your spouse or significant other, decides to take the kids and leave the state, you need to IMMEDIATELY go hire an attorney and get papers served on the other parent to get them into a Texas court. If you wait 6 months or more then the county you live in loses jurisdiction over the kids. If you have any questions, I charge $100 an hour to sit down and talk to you. It might be will worth your peace of mind.

No comments: