Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Can a minor child come live with my family?

Can a minor kid come live with my family?

I'd call your local policing agencies and see if they care.

I'd also talk to both parents and/or the person who has legal custody of them.

I would not want someone banging on my door in the middle of the night wanting to arrest me for interfering with custody or making some sort of false criminal charges!








This is a true horror story:

I know of a school teacher that lost her job because she took in a teen-ager boy, CPS got an anonymous called and "sexual" allegations were made.

The next thing she knew the school district terminated her contract due to the "allegations".

The allegations were later "dismissed" but she lost her job and could not find any other employment in her field! Her career was ruined.

She had to hire an attorney and incurred thousands in legal fees.

She eventually lost her home because she could not make her mortgage payments.

Her credit is ruined, she can no longer find a teaching job, she has a "file" with CPS.

Eventually, her husband filed for divorce and got primary custody of their minor children.

Was her good deed worth it? 

I don't think so.



1 comment:

BasiaBernstein said...

Impressive! Your blog is very informative
Law Degree Courses