Friday, July 8, 2011

I am not accepting litigated cases

Due to a death in my family, I am no longer accepting litigated cases.

I am no longer offering free consultations or offering $2/minute consultations.

I have also decided to stop offering the Do It Yourself Legal Kits.  After offering the DIY kits for over the past 10 years, I found that people just did not want to pay for them.  People would rather pay for the "Legal Zoom-type kits" being sold on the internet, radio and television and then want me to "fix" their crummy forms and complain about being "ripped off". I tired of arguing with people & I don't have the time or energy to "fix" garbage.  It's easier to start fresh rather than to fix "junk". 

I have decided to only to family law mediations. 

In the spring of 2011, I took an elder law mediation training, so I will also offer elder law mediation for families that need that sort of assistance.  With the aging US population, I believe, that elder law mediation will be growing in popularity. 

No comments: