Thursday, July 19, 2007

Do It Yourself Kits on-line

I have been filling in at the Houston Volunteer Lawyer booth in the basement of the Family Law Center for the past two weeks while their normal attorney is on vacation. I've seen horrible kits purchased on-line from $30 - over $400. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! These kits are from New York, California and Washington. Even the legal site entitled something like "Texas divorce law" is from New York! I strongly urge you to hire a professional to help you. PLEASE DON'T USE A NOTARY OR PARALEGAL. There are apparently several notaries doing legal forms for people. I don't know who these people are but what they are doing is illegal in the State of Texas. It is called barrarity and it is a criminal offense. When caught, they are actively prosecuted. Why? Because they are doing things wrong and basically stealing people's hard earned money. A notary can be a high school drop-out. There is NO training of any kind for a notary. I've had so many people crying at the booth when they learn they have wasted time and money. When my plumbing breaks, I hire a plumber. It's funny that everyone can find the money when their toilet backs up! However, many people say they don't have money for an attorney.

No comments: