Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I live in Alaska and I owe $50,000 in TX in past due child support. What can happen to me?

Here is my answer:

You realize that this debt will never go away.
What does that mean?
If you have a bank account, it will eventually get "hit"

Any tax refund will go to her.
If you ever inherit any money, the Attorney General will intervene and get it.

If you die, the Attorney General will intervene and get anything you own.
When you retire, your Social Security will be reduced and money will be sent to your ex-wife.
You might want to go back and ask to reduce your child support if you cannot pay the $450.
Will you ever be arrested? The short answer is yes. So don't ever get stopped in case there is a arrest warrant issued for you.

No comments: