Thursday, May 31, 2012

I am not giving free advice on my old blog posts! Beware of old blog posts!

I have recently been receiving been receiving a lot of phone calls on these blog posts from several years ago.

Apparently blog posts live on forever on the internet.  I cannot control this.  I recommend that you read the date when I wrote the blog post.  If it is more than a year old, the information contained in the blog post might be based on inaccurate information as it NOW exists!

Please be advised that if a post you are reading is from more than a year ago it might be wrong!  


Additionally, I do not give free legal advice.  I do not give legal advice to people outside of the State of Texas or outside of the United States.

So if you are outside of Texas please do not call me! I cannot help you. I am only licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Plus I do NOT know laws outside of the State of the State of Texas. I definately do NOT know the laws of other countries!

Plus, I do not give free legal advice!! I charge for my time-- I have practiced law for over 20 years and I no longer litigate.

Additionally, I no longer take active cases or go to court with clients.

I do not care how "cute" you are or how horrible your situation is-- I am not going to accept your case -- especially on a pro bono (free) basis!

So please don't waste your time calling me.

Plus too many people have wasted MY time by calling then NOT accepting my return call or by putting me on hold to take another call!!!

I find it difficult to believe that talking to a "friend" is more important than talking to an attorney! When someone puts me on "hold" to take another call - I just hang up -- how rude! When I am talking to someone on the phone I don't accept any other calls & I expect similar curtesy.

For example, just this morning I returned the call from a woman that called me at 6:42 pm last night and her voice mail was not even working.  I can't understand why someone would call a lawyer  at 6:42 pm and night and expect them to answer their phone.  And then not answer their phone if they were anticipating phone calls from a professional returning their phone calls.

Final rant, free advice is worth what you pay for it!



No comments: