Thursday, January 1, 2009

How will the government collect my past due child support?

There are many ways that the government will collect your past due child support: 1. Any federal refunds. 2. Inheritance -- Yes, they will intervene in a probate and get their money. 3. Social Security - Yes, they will take a portion of your ss to pay your obligation. 4. If you die -- they will intervene in the probate of your estate to get money. This really upsets second wives! 5. You can lose your driver's license. 6. You can lose your passport. 7. You can lose your professional license - chiropractor, attorney, doctor, hairdresser, etc. Past due child support is an obligation that never goes away.

No comments: