Saturday, September 1, 2012

Name Change for a Child

Doing a name change for a minor child is easy -- if both parents agree.

If both parents do not agree, the judge will not do it!

It does take some time because the Harris County courts are pretty busy.
Believe me when I say it is really worth it to hire an attorney -- you will be glad that you did.
Otherwise, you can waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to get this done.
A good family law attorney can really help you get this done & make it look simple.

I encourage you to hire an experienced family law attorney that knows the judge so that you don't waste your time and money.  If you try to do it yourself, it can be very frustrating and time consuming. 

You can go to the Harris County Law Library in downtown Houston -- but I don't know how good their forms are since so many people go down there -- they might be worn out or someone might have torn the necessary pages out of their form books.  Also be careful about some of the people that hang out there & say that they are attorneys -- there was a guy down there 4 years ago that was a disbarred attorney on drugs that was not mentally stable -- I don't know if he's still down there -- he was giving people bad advice & taking their money. 

Please don't buy a kit off the internet or t.v. 
Those are junk & you are wasting your money!!! 
Plus, they do not include the required State and County forms that the Judge will want. 

Unfortunately, the filing fee is approximately $300. 
All of that money goes to the county.

I'm only mediating these days so please don't call me. 

Call Patricia Bushman at 713-807-9405.
Her first appointment is FREE.
Talk to Jessica in her office for an appointment. 
She books up -- so please be flexible. 
Please let Jessica know that FRAN referred you to their office. 
I rent space in their office. 
They are located at Loop 610 & Kirby by Reliant Stadium.

No comments: