Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Craig's List advertising

My daughter turned me onto Craig's list. I did not believe how many Houston attorneys are advertising on that site. I also found an ad by an individual that proudly advertises that he/she is not an attorney but will sell you forms based on their "experience". I emailed the person to make them aware that this is a felony according to Texas law. One Harris County family judge takes great pleasure in turning in all such people to the District Attorney's office. The District Attorney will prosecute such people. They are truly doing a disservice to people that they proport to help. Of course, I don't do my own dental work! If I have a dental problem, I hire a trained dentist. As an attorney, whenever I have a legal issue in my life I hire an attorney to help me. Why? Because I'm personally invested in my life and I need an objective and a person who is not emotionally involved to help me and guide me.

1 comment:

Sean Y. Palmer- Attorney/Mediator said...

Hi Fran,

I was surfing during lunch and caught your post. I too saw a disturbing ad recently on craigslist advertising "forms". It is inconceivable that such a service cannot be UPL as defined by the rules. I filed a complaint with the Texas Bar UPL Committee.