Sunday, January 27, 2008

I owe child support and my kids are over 18!

Child support is NOT dischargeable. You cannot discharge it in a bankruptcy. After all the children turn over 18 or graduate from high school, you can no longer be jailed! However, you still owe the money. You owe the money to the person you were ordered to pay -- NOT the child. You might eventually use your driver's license and passport. If you receive Social Security, it will be withheld from that. If you die, your estate owes it. It is the debt that never goes away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Credit cards are very useful for withdrawing amount from the bank.
Credit cards are useful to withdrawn amount any time. I want to share a comments with u

David Francis

Don't be a victim. Stop credit card debt now. We can help.