Thursday, September 10, 2009

I got served legal papers -- now what do I do?

File a document at the courthouse called "AN ANSWER".  It lets the judge know that you want to be involved in the lawsuit. 

If you do nothing, a default judgment can be taken against you.

I sell ANSWERS for $25.

They are free to file at the courthouse.  You need to have at least 3 copies -- the original goes to the court, you keep a copy and you send a copy to the opposing attorney (the one who served you!).

No comments: