Monday, September 14, 2009

Maximum amout of child support withheld from earnings

The maximum amount of money to be withheld by an employer for an obligor's disposable earnings is 50%.

However, the obligor is obligated for 100% of the child support ordered.

Therefore, if a obligor takes a lessor paying job, the obligor needs to file a MODIFICATION to reduce the child support ordered.

If an employer does not withhold the right amount of money, the obligor is responsible.

In summary, carefully review each paystub to make sure that your child support is being withheld. 

No comments: