Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Important Form for Unmarried Owners of Real Estate

If you are unmarried and own real estate with someone else I suggest that you consider signing and filing with the real estate records of your county a documetn called a SURVIVORSHIP AGREEMENT that states that the survivor of the relationship owns the property 100%.

That means that it does NOT belong part of the person's estate.

The property passes directly to the other person WITHOUT a will to the other owner.

I sell this form for $250 and then I file it at the courthouse in Harris County to make sure that its recorded.

1 comment:

Ted Shaw said...

Thank you, Fran! This great and perfect timing. Could have used this a few years ago. I will bring this up at our next LLC meeting. More questions coming via email.
~Ted Shaw