Thursday, March 22, 2007

What is neglectful supervision of a child?

What is neglectful supervision? Adults who are attentive and aware of children's behaviors are in the best position to safeguard their well-being. When children are not adequately supervised, it may be considered “neglectful supervision”, which means: Placing a child in or failing to remove a child from a situation that a reasonable person would realize requires judgment or actions beyond the child's level of maturity, physical condition or mental abilities and that results in bodily injury or substantial risk of immediate harm to the child. Neglectful supervision is also defined as: Placing a child in or failing to remove the child from a situation in which the child would be exposed to a substantial risk of sexual conduct harmful to the child. Neglectful supervision is definately one way to lose custody or have your visitation modified -- specially if your children are small.

2 comments:

mom123 said...

Have a question my 8 year old son was supposed to playing at a friends house accross the way from me , I had gotten the parents phone number actually 3 contact numbers I called over to have him come home and they said their child was supposed to be playing with him but they sent my son home . I told her he hadnt been home yet so I checked at neighbors and friends of my son and he was at none so then I went looking for him and found him playing at the park by her house. cps contacted me a week later and now says my son is not allowed to go play outside unless im with him . Was this considered neglectful supervision? She also said if she got any more reports it would not be good. Can you give me any advise on this?

Unknown said...

If CPS got involved, I can only conclude by their involvement that someone thought it was neglectful supervision.

The case worker has WARNED YOU THAT IF CPS receives any MORE REPORTS ' IT WILL NOT BE GOOD' that means in layman terms that if any one else calls CPS MIGHT REMOVE YOUR CHILDREN FROM YOUR HOME AND PLACE THEM IN FOSTER CARE.

CPS has your name in their computer system. Your name will remain in their computer system for the rest of YOUR life. When you are a grand-mother your name will still be in their file!

If you ever contact CPS, even as a grand-mother or great-grand-mother, your name is going to come up as that they came out to your house in 2010, and that will NOT look good.

Sorry!